Simple Apple CompoteOct 28, 2023
Not everything has to be complicated or take a long time to create. Try this easy recipe to add a little sweet goodness to your kitchen.
Tis the season for harvesting crisp, juicy, flavorful, organic apples — and incorporating them into almost everything. I love having this simple compote recipe on hand to use in fillings in my cakes — or to add to granola, oatmeal or chia pudding. It’s great on pancakes or French toast — or by the spoonful on its own as a yummy snack.
Not everything has to be complicated or take a long time to create. Try this easy recipe to add a little sweet goodness to your kitchen. If you can, visit a local orchard for bonus points and a little built-in fun! And as they say...an apple a day keeps the doctor away!
Serving size: 1 quart
- 4-5 apples, peeled and cubed
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 12 cups apple cider
- Place all ingredients in a pot and simmer on low heat
- Stir occasionally to make sure that it doesn’t stick to pot
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes. You will know when it is ready when it is tender There will be chunks of apples intact and some that has already turned into sauce
- You can also add seasonings to your taste level: brown sugar, lemon, nutmeg
Note: You can keep it in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
— Lea Haas, Owner, The Garden Cafe Woodstock