Coconut Curry Butternut SquashDec 31, 2018
By Chef Christine Moss, The Garden Cafe Woodstock
This is a great, easy recipe to prepare either overnight or all day while you are out and can come home to a warm meal.
Add fresh spinach and or cilantro at the end as you are serving. Eat it on its own, with rice or some quinoa.
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 large carrot
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 cups or (2)15oz cans full fat coconut milk
- 2 TBSP vegan butter
- 1 TBSP curry powder
- 1 TSP cumin
- 1 TSP turmeric
- 1 TSP salt
- 1/2 TSP black pepper
- Peel, seed and cut into cubes the butternut squash. Place into the crockpot / slow cooker.
- Scrub clean the carrot, cut in half lengthwise and slice. Add to the crockpot.
- Seed and then dice the red pepper and add to the crockpot.
- Add the vegan butter, coconut milk and all of the spices to the crockpot. Stir together and cover with lid.
- Set the crockpot to cook on “high” for 1 hour and then lower the setting to “low” and cook another 7- 8 hours.