Dried Cranberry SconesFeb 14, 2022
A simple, yet satisfying recipe to infuse a bit infusion of organic sweetness into your day
Can you smell the welcoming comfort of scones baking in the oven wafting about? YUM. Breakfast, tea time snack, dessert or just because….
- 2 cups All Purpose flour
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 TBSP cold butter cubed (vegan Earth Balance)
- 3/4 cup of “milk” (I like silk soy creamer)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly flour baking sheet with lined parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add flour, sugar and baking powder, and stir to combine.
- Add the cold butter and use a pastry cutter (or your hands which I prefer) for about 45 seconds until resembling a course crumble. Add in cranberries and pour in milk and stir to combine.
- Add a little flour onto your hands and start to create a ball, folding in half, and adding a bit a flour to your hands so they don’t stick, then put on the lightly floured parchment paper and create a disk.
- Cut into 8 slices, brush on a little milk on top and sprinkle sugar.
- Pop into the oven for 25 minutes till golden brown.
- Cube the butter, and keep in the fridge until you are ready to use
- Do not overwork the butter when using your hands, the butter will get too soft.
- While creating the ball and disk don’t be shy to use more flour on your hands to pat and shape if the batter is to wet and sticky
—Lea Haas, Owner, The Garden Cafe Woodstock