Purple Blue Potatoes and Red Cabbage Roasted in Sour CreamFeb 01, 2019
Potatoes are always comfort food, but this vegan recipe keeps them healthy and full of flavor!
By Chef Christine Moss, The Garden Cafe Woodstock
- 1lb. baby purple potatoes
- 2 cups roughly chopped red cabbage (1 small cabbage)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 leek
- 1 cup non-dairy sour cream
- 3 TBSP Olive Oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp agave
- 2 cloves garlic
Preheat oven to 400F
Wash and prepare all of your vegetables:
- Quarter the potatoes. Parboil them for 10-12 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Cut the red pepper into thin strips
- Trim the roots and dark green ends off of the leek, slice down the center lengthwise and then slice into slivers. Soak the slices in a bowl of cool water to loosen up any dirt trapped in the layers. Rinse well (a colander is helpful) and set aside.
- Crush and dice the garlic cloves.
- Into a large bowl combine sour cream, olive oil, agave, salt, pepper, thyme, and paprika. Mix well and then add in the vegetables: potatoes, cabbage, pepper, leek and garlic. Mix until all of the vegetables are well coated in the sour cream mixture and transfer into a 9” baking dish.
Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and return to the oven to bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Serve with Horseradish sour cream and chives or chopped parsley.
Horseradish Sour Cream
- 1 jar prepared horseradish
- ½-1 cup non-dairy sour cream depending upon how strong you like it.
Mix together and enjoy.