Vegan Feta for a Greek Salad DelightMay 12, 2021
All photographs by Lea Haas
We may be seeking lighter foods as the temperatures warm, but they can still be packed with a punch of flavor
- 12 oz. extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup melted REFINED coconut oil, measured after melting
- 3 TBS lemon juice
- 1 TBS nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor. Blend till smooth. Line a pan with parchment paper & spread mixture evenly (about 1 ½” deep).
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 5 hours (I let it sit overnight).
- Uncover and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from the oven. It will be soft and bubbly, but it will set as it cools.
- Let it rest for a few hours before cutting into cubes.
This will be good for up to a week…not that it would actually last that long. This is absolutely delicious and addicting.
We use it to top our Greek salad that consists of romaine lettuce, Kalamata olives, cubed cucumbers, thinly sliced red onion and cherry tomatoes.
Dressing: Olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, dill, salt.
You’ve got yourself a wonderful meal when you combine this feta with a fresh garden salad! Bon Appetit!
NOTE: You must use refined coconut oil; unrefined has a coconut flavor that will not compliment the feta.
—Lea Haas, Owner, The Garden Café Woodstock