Warm Apple SangriaDec 07, 2022
Ready to warm things up with a bit of festivity? This is a longstanding house special. We get so many emails requesting this recipe, so here it is! It’s a modern twist on mulled wine. And our biggest tip: As it sits and marinates it just gets better. Try to have all ingredients that are organic and/or local. Cheers!
This is a party-size recipe that can also be stored in the refrigerator for your after work-relax cocktail
- 11 cups of apple cider
- 4 cups of orange juice
- 2 apples chopped
- Large thumb-size piece of ginger
- 1 lemon sliced
- Pumpkin tea (or any holiday spiced tea)
- Simple syrup
- Cinnamon stick
- Red wine (you'll need about a half-cup per mug)
- Gallon pitcher
- In a pan put 4 tea bags with 1/2 cup sugar & 1/2 cup water, simmer till dissolved and starting to get thick.
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT WINE in a gallon pitcher. Add 1/4 cup of syrup and let marinate for at least 1 day in the refrigerator
Ready to Serve?
Party started, heat up your mix with all the goodies till it is really hot, or have it in a crock pot with a ladle to keep it warm for your guests. Then scoop out a half of a mug full, be sure to have apples in the mug, then fill the other half with red wine.
Spice it Up
Add a splash more of simple syrup to the finished hot mix
Make it Fancy
Slice of lemon, a cinnamon stick and a slice of an apple…Oh so pretty!!!
—Lea Haas, Owner, The Garden Cafe Woodstock